+1 514 284 7720
Mr. Larivée’s areas of expertise include:
- Strategic development of hotels, and convention centers, among others
- Evaluation and operational review of hotel and resort establishments
- Evaluation and product development for business tourism
Mr. Larivée has significant operational experience as well as a strong knowledge base of the tourism industry, through numerous years of experience both at an international and national level. His expertise allows him to provide insights and strong advice to hotel owners and operators alike. His experience in the hospitality industry, as well as within the Montréal Convention Centre, allows him to completely evaluate a tourism product – from strategic feasibility advice to customer satisfaction and to organisational structures and practices.
Recognized for his business sense and renowned as a strategic leader in the hospitality industry, business tourism and convention and meeting sectors, Mr. Larivée was appointed by the Québec Government's Cabinet of Ministers and served four years as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Palais des congrès de Montréal.
From 1997 to 2014, he served as Regional Vice President of Operations with Delta Hotels and Resorts for the Ottawa, Québec, Prairies and Florida regions, having more than 3,400 rooms under his management, spanning over 12 years, with an accountability of more than $325 million of annual sales.
Prior to this, he worked for Delta Hotels as their Director of Operations for Québec and General Manager of the Delta Montréal Hotel. Furthermore, he also worked at the Hôtel Vogue in Montréal, and at the Sheraton Hotel Laval, through various managerial positions.
He is a member of the Ordre des administrateurs agréés du Québec, the Association of MBA of Québec and the HEC network. Additionally, he was twice the President of the Hotel Association of Greater Montréal - from 1993 to 1996 and from 2003 to 2005.
Since the 1990’s, Mr. Larrivée has served on several boards of directors:
- Member of the Directors Board of the society of the Palais des congrès de Montréal (current)
- Member of the Directors Board of Tourism Montréal (current)
- Member of the Montréal Airport Advisory Committee (current)
- Chairman of the Directors Board of the Québec Tourism and Hospitality Institute
- Member of the Directors Board of the Office of Congresses and Tourism of Greater Montréal
- Chairman of the Canadian Franchise Board with ITT Sheraton
- Member of the Marketing Committee of ITT Sheraton Hotels in North America